Im setting up for a Yoni Steam today. A Do It Yourself Home version 😉
One of the main questions i get from queens whom purchase my Yoni Steam Herb https://www.lalustreasures.com/listing/688351704/cleanse-yoni-steam-organic
is "How do i Yoni Steam at home?" Its so simple, let me explain how I do it. What youd need: Steam Stool (or you can sit or squat if you'd like) im using a regular wood chair that i turned on its side (as pictured) my next pic will show you what it looks like once i use it. A few thick books to use to give the pot some height Lidded Pot Water and Yoni Steam Herbs Cozy Socks 😛 Bedsheet or heavy blanket-this will wrap around your lower body creating a cloak to trap on the steam Another blanket to wrap around the chair to create a cushion. Journal, pen, crystals, palo santo whatever you need to clear your space and move out old energy (burn your smudge before you begin your session) you can create a small altar like i did in the pic.
So check out the pics ive enclosed, this is what my DIY Yoni Steam Stool or Throne lol looks like.
Now lets talk about the STEAMING PROCESS: Remember Yoni steaming is a practice where women sit over a herbal steam. The steam supports and regulates the natural feminine cycle and helps to heal and detoxify. The spiritual properties of this ritual are amazing, such as relaxation, healing emotional trauma and clearing of past lover's energy.
The Steaming Process:
1. Set up your stool or whatever you are using in a comfortable, quiet place with your journal, glass of water and any altar items near by. You can use the palo santo to clear out any old energy in your space. I like to say a pray or place my intentions into my herbs before i boil them.
2. Place your herbs in your lidded pot and boil for about 10 mins.
3. Take your herbs off the heat and let it steep for another 5 mins w the lid on.
4. Set your lidded pot under your stool w lid on so that the steam doesnt escape.
5. Get undressed from the waist down. You can use a towel as padding for your butt or whatever youre sitting on. Put your socks or slippers on. Wrap a sheet around your lower body then wrap at least one more blanket around you. The blankets should reach all the way to the ground so they create a tent around your body. Keep in mind that the heavier and thicker the blankets you use the hotter the steam will be.
6. Once you are all set up, release the steam slowly. Start by removing the lid about a half inch. The heat should not feel intense, but light at first. Remove the lid to get it to your desired temperature. Be careful, yoi do not want to burn your vaginal tissues!
7. Steam for about 20 to 30 minutes. You can use this time to meditate, go inward, write in your journal, say mantras or affirmations. Whatever you feel you need to do in the moment. Once done, offer the steeped water with herbs to any plants to give gratitude. 💓💓
PRECAUTIONS TO CONSIDER BEFORE STEAMING:
Although many turn to vaginal steaming to address menstrual problems, steaming during active menstruation or fresh spotting is NOT RECOMMENDED! Steaming while bleeding can be dangerous because the steam speeds up the blood flow and can cause heavy bleeding. Instead, steaming should be done before and after the period, which will help aid the natural uterine cleanse that occurs during the period.
Although very helpful to aid in healthy conception and excellent after giving birth, steaming SHOULD NEVER BE DONE while pregnant. Steaming while pregnant can be dangerous because the steam relaxes and opens the cervix, which could result in miscarriage or early labor.
#3: After Insemination While Trying to Conceive
For anyone that is trying to conceive, they can steam during the time period after the period up until the point of ovulation and then they should stop. Steaming after insemination could interfere with the sperm, fertilization or implantation. This is also true for medically assisted insemination. Steam up until the point of the IVF or IUI transfer and then stop until the pregnancy is confirmed.
#4: Spontaneous Heavy Bleeding
For anyone that experiences spontaneous heavy bleeding--sometimes referred to as two periods per month--steaming is NOT RECOMMENDED. Because the steam speeds up circulation and opens the cervix, it might cause spontaneous bleeding to occur--which can be dangerous when it’s heavy.
#5: Hot Flashes
Since steaming introduces heat to the body it might trigger hot flashes and should probably be avoided when hot flashes are present.
#6: During Miscarriage
Though steaming is very helpful for miscarriage recovery, it is not advised to steam before the pregnancy matter has cleared out. In rare cases this might lead to heavy bleeding and can be dangerous. Start steaming after the pregnancy matter has cleared out and the bleeding has turned to brown.
- have any sort of infection
- have an intrauterine device (IUD)
- have any open cuts, wounds, stitches and or sores
- have any chronic reproductive condition
- Always be sure the steam temperature is mild so as to avoid scalding.
- If you have genital piercings remove them prior to steaming because they may heat and possibly cause burning.
- Do NOT use essential oils for steaming.
- Be aware that your first cycle after steaming may be heavier and darker, this is a sign that your body had to purge all that “excess” out before it can feel light and healthy!